BERMAD | 200 Series Valves
- No external tubes and accessories
- Compact and protected construction
- Self-cleaning orifice for reliable valve operation, even with brackish water.
The Model IR-200 is a durable plastic valve. The valve body, cover, and seal disk assembly construction material uses Glass-Filled Nylon to meet rough service conditions obtaining high chemical and cavitation resistance.
The valve body design includes a full bore seat with unobstructed flow path, free of any in-line ribs, supporting cage, or shafts. Its seal disk assembly includes a flexible, carefully balanced, and peripherally supported diaphragm and a rugged guided plug with elastomeric sealing surface. This internal design enables:
- High flow rate with low head loss
- Smooth valve opening and closing
- Accurate and stable regulation
- Low opening and actuation pressure
- No diaphragm erosion and distortion
- Same diaphragm and spring fully meet the valve’s operating pressure range requirements
The Model IR-200 Basic Valve uses valve differential pressure to power the diaphragm assembly open or closed. The lower side of the diaphragm, which serves to cushion the closing of the valve, is exposed to downstream pressure through a peripheral passageway. The pressure in the control chamber varies, resulting from the action of a solenoid or a regulating pilot. This varying pressure modulates the valve to open or close.